Mail Event to a Role?

• 24 January 2008
  • 2 replies

Badge +6

I am using a role as the destination user in a process escalation.  I would like to send a notification to the people in the role about the escalation.  Normally I would just use the default event notification but I would like it to be more detailed in this case.  How can I set the Mail Event to resolve the email addresses for users in that role?

2 replies

Badge +11

This is only a theory; I haven't tried it myself.  The destination rule runs before any of the events.  In the advanced mode of the destination wizard, set the checkbox to resolve all roles to users.  In your mail event, edit the code.  See if the you can go through the object model to iterate through all of the destinations in a loop and use those for email destinations.  Note I am assuming you are using only one slot here.  If you're using more than one slot this approach would result in duplicate emails.  I haven't had time to try it out, but there probably is a way to do what you want.

If you find a good solution, please post it as others could use it as well.

Badge +1

Hi there,

I also struggeled with a similar problem.

I also needed to send a mail to a group of people.  So what I did were the following.

I created a role with a group of users. I created a separate activity with a mail event.

so I set the destination users to the role.  now there are a hidden trick with this.  First trick is that you need to create a slot for each destination.

Now the only way to do this is to go to the Activity destination wizzard and click on back.

choose advance mode and then you would se that the wizzard are completely different.

choose option at first screen

second screen choose slot per destination

and choose convert role to user name.

complete the wizzard and choose a role.

go to the mail event and at the to box select destination.

I hope this post helps

regards

Francis de Wilde