Service Manager

Badge +9

Hi All,

Service Manager has an option called Error Profiles, where we can view errors.

Can anyone tell from where Service Manager is getting the error details like :

ID , Process  ,Type, Source,Description and Date.

Pls reply ASAP.

Thanks in Advance.

4 replies

Badge +7

Hi sourcecode 

From the table dbo._errorLog located in the k2 database.

Badge +9

Hi melhem,

Thanks a lot for replying.

I was working on exceptioms. I came to know that AddErrorToLog property of ExceptionObject class if set to false will cause error details not to be logged in the database. Apart from this is there any way to prevent error details from being stored in the dbo._errorLog table ?

Pls reply ASAP.

Thanks in advance.

Badge +7

Hi sourcecode

As I know this is the only method available.

Best Regards .

Badge +9

Hi melhem,

Thanks a lot for replying .

Consider the scenario which I found out :

I am using the class "ExceptionContext". It has the following properties :

1>   AddToErrorLog

2>   ContextType

ContextType has one value like IPCEvent. i.e., we can capture errors related to IPCEvent. For ContextType as IPCEvent, I set AddToErrorLog as false. I also gave a blank connection string while implementing an IPCServerEvent. But I viewed Service Manager and there I found an error whose source was "IPCSend" and not "IPCEvent". The error was also stored in the database.

I just want to know what is the use of the value IPCEvent for the property "ContextType" ? I tried a lot but I was unable to figure out why K2 is not able to capture any error related to IPCSend?

U can view my previous post http://k2underground.com/forums/thread/17077.aspx for the details.

Is it like K2 doesnot support capturing of error related to IPCSend ? Or am I missing something ?

Pls reply ASAP.

It's very urgent.

Thanks and Regards.