K2 with InfoPath People Pickers

• 3 January 2014
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hi,

I develop InfoPath Forms for a SharPoint environment and recently we have purchased K2.  What I have a need for, is to understand how K2 can address People Pickers that have been created by InfoPath.  Also I would like to be able to do this, using K2 Designer (SharePoint Integrated) as I will need to teach users to do this and they will not have access to Studio.

When I develop a SharePoint List, I can create a SmartObject in the WorkFlow, and filters the SmartObject down to WorkEmail.  However when I attempt to do this to an InfoPath People Pickers, K2 does not allow me to drag the entire People Picker and apply a Filter.

For an InfoPath generated People Picker, I can only expand the People Picker and drag Account Name, Account Type or Account ID but I am unable to Drag and Filter the entire People Picker like I can if the People Picker were created by SharePoint.  I have tried to Drag and Filter each of the expanded options but none of them work the way that a the Whole People Picker Does.

Then again, there may be a far less complex method.  As when using SharePoint Designer, I can simply send am email to the People Picker itself.

Please help me K2-Bi-Wan-Kinobis, you're my only hope.

3 replies

Badge +5

Hi, vincentsimon

Picker control is the equivalent of the People Picker in InfoPath.

• Any SmartObject with a list method may be tied to a Picker Control
  • Not constrained to AD Users.

Please go to the following link which will give you detailed information on how to use SharePoint People Picker:

SharePoint People Picker

For more info please find attached KB document and see the following links below:

Regards

Julia

Badge +5

Hi

I just wanted to follow up on this post, were you able to find a workaround on the issue you had with "K2 with InfoPath People Pickers" using the suggestions i provided?

Regards

Julia

Badge +1

Sorry for the very delayed response.  Yes I was able to resolve this on some level.

I simply added a smart object to the Site and have used a find replace text on the account ID of the people picker.

Essentially:  Find Domain, replace with K2:Domain