Forms Generation publishing fails

Badge +2
I am developing a workflow with a Forms Generation Client event in it. It deployed successfully a couple of times, now I keep getting the error shown below. The project builds fine, I have installed the Web Deployments Projects addon, and as per other posts on this topic I have checked the necessary dll's are in the GAC, and I have also re-run the Forms Generation wizard to re-create the aspx file. Short of deleting my whole project and starting again from a backup, is there anything else I could try to fix this? My development environment is a standalone virtual machine (Win Server 2003, VS2005 (SP.050727-7600), K2 blackpearl (Host server v4.7285.1.0). Thanks, Simon ______________

Task Error: System.Exception: Forms Generation publishing has failed: Please ensure that if you are deploying this project that you are not attempting to do so on client. Deployment package needs to be created and run on the server in order to publish forms correctly. - System.Exception: There was a problem publishing the generated forms. Please add the generated project to the solution and ensure there are no build errors. Also ensure you have Microsoft Web Deployment Projects addon installed for Visual studio as this could also be a reason for a failed deployment.
at SourceCode.DeploymentTasks.FormsGeneration.ClientEventDeploymentTask.HasPublishedWebsite()
at SourceCode.DeploymentTasks.FormsGeneration.ClientEventDeploymentTask.HasPublishedWebsite()
at SourceCode.DeploymentTasks.FormsGeneration.ClientEventDeploymentTask.Execute()

10 replies

Badge +2
Yes, SourceCode.SharePoint.Workflow.WebControls.dll is in the GAC, and everything is on the same machine so creating deploy packages isn't necessary. I have now decided to create my own pages (using the generated form as a starting point) and go with Default Client events instead. Simon
Badge +9
I think I had that issue once in the early betas.  I essentially deleted the files in the C:Program FilesK2 blackpearlWorkSpaceClientEventPages folder and redeployed it again and it worked.
Badge +1

I have the same issue going through the tutorial. I have tried both recommendations posted here and neither have resolved my problem. I get the same error if I deploy from Development Studio or if I create a deployment package.

Any help would be appreciated.

Dan

Badge +5

Hi Dan,

It is possible that there are some build errors, due to references etc on the WebSite project. Could you please do the following to test that the WebSite actually builds :

• With studio and your workflow project open, select File > Add > Existing WebSite
  • Browse to your project folder > CSWebSiteWI
  • Select the WebSite folder and Open
  • In your Solution Explorer right click on the newly added WebSite project and select Build Website
  • It will probably fail to build here. - Fix the error and your deployment should succeed.

Regards

Gert

Badge +1

Gert,

You were correct that I had errors in the WebSite project. I have corrected thoses and I still receive the error:

Forms Generation publishing has failed: Please ensure that if you are deploying this project that you are not attempting to do so on client. Deployment package needs to be created and run on the server in order to publish forms correctly.

I am creating a Deploy Package on the workflow project and running msbuild with it on the "WorkSpace Server". I have tried manually coping the website files to the virtual directory and when I run msbuild they are deleted.

I am obviously missing something. Please let me know else I need to do.

Thanks for your help!!!

Dan

Badge +5

HI Dan,

There is a known issue when the Workspace components is installed seperately from the MOSS components. This has been logged as a critical bug and will be fixed with an Update to be released shortly.

You will be able to work around this by copying 2 assemblies manually from the client where the Website was able to build successfully to the Workspace server's GAC. The two assemblies are :

1. SourceCode.SharePoint.Workflow.WebControls.dll
  2. SourceCode.Workflow.RuntimeServices.Objects.dll

Please let me know if there is anything else.

Gert

Badge +1

Gert,

I have already installed those assemblies on the WorkSpace server. I still have the same errors.

Dan

Badge +5

Dan,

In that case my best recommendation would be for you to contact the K2 Support in your region.

Cheers

Gert

Badge +1

You may have resolved this by now, but for those who may later follow this thread I have determined one solution.

The Visual Studio 2005 Web Deployment Projects (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/asp.net/aa336619.aspx) ("add-on") must be installed on your K2 Service Server. Apparently, K2 leverages this add-on (or associated code) to handle forms generation when that is included in your workflow.

In my case, I have a separate development server where Visual Studio and MOSS are installed. This is NOT where you need to install the add-on as one might first believe. You have to install the add-on the K2 Server. My thinking is that when you 'deploy' from Visual Studio, the MSBuild actually tries to run from the K2 Server and calls code within the add-on to handle the creation/deployment of the generated forms.

Hope that helps and that K2 will follow me with any inconsistencies to the above.

Badge +1

I have tries all-the-above, but still can't get to deploy the forms.

Any one who managed to solve it, please?