Updating document's Meta Data

• 13 March 2008
  • 5 replies

Badge +3
I am trying to update the metadata on a forms library. I am at a screen in the blackpearl Sharepoint document wizard which has title "Update Document Metadata". There is a field called file name: What is this field. I am not able to select the right filename. Any ideas ?

5 replies

Badge +9

Assuming you are using the SharePoint Integration Wizard.  Typically it would be taken from the Process/Activity Data.

This is under the node tree: XML Fields -> <Your Process Name> -> SPIntegrationDate -> SPData -> ItemName

Badge +3
I am using InfoPathClient Activity so InfoPath integration
Badge +9

In this case, there is no sharepoint document to modify as the InfoPath data is stored as an XML field in the K2 process.  Remember that upon submission, the XML data is passed to the K2 InfoPath web service to start the process.

You probably first need to upload the InfoPath data to SharePoint form library in your process before you can try changing any meta data.

Badge +3

Is there any way to "flush" the values back to the InfoPath form meta data ?

The scenario I have is

(1) InfoPath Client Activity.   

(2) Within K2 process, update the first name and last name WITHIN the InfoPath form (XML chunk)

(3) Need the site column / meta-data to be updated within the Doc.Library

BUT - can't do the update as Johnny/SDMJoe mentioned.   (ie. Update Document - don't have a file name).

How can I update the metadata in the Doc.Library ??

Badge +2

Hi Chris,

Can you save the form prior to updating the metadata and thus get a handle on the document?

Regards,

Sergio