SmartForm Client Event not being executed

• 10 March 2016
  • 7 replies

Badge +6

Dear Community,

my workflow gets stuck on the activity with SmartFormClientEvent.

1) It starts,

2) Executes EmailEvent, and send email

3) Moves to Activity 2, with only one event: SmartForm Client Event, but nothing happends.

On the SmartForm I am using the action "Action Worklist", but it does not work, notifications does not arrives, and workflow gets stuck after the EmailEvent.

Hint: After executing the "Action Worklist" I get INVALID SERIAL NUMBER. I still dont understand how to transfer a value to SerialN parameter.

Thanks in advance.

Will

7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Dear ,

Could u prrovide screenshots for the following ,

Screenshot for process over view --> view flow

Screenshot for "Start workflow" configuration

Screenshot for "Action worklist item" configuration

Regards.

Badge +6

Screnshots attached.

As you can see workflow is stuck on second activity. I am not receiving the notification email with the Worklist Item Link, and "Invalid Serial Number" message is still appearing. 

I am using guide: 200.YUL- K2 Smartform - Intermediate, but I still don't understand.

Thanks again

14256i375B6A4CEDED6291.png
12545i6A077C86CDCF7204.png
16461iCAC9FBDBE7381660.png
Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Dear ,

I see u got start workflow and action workflow on the same form ? on the same event ?

i do believe that is the issue , but one question i got , why would u want to use start workflow and action worklist on the same form on same event ?

my scenario is that i have 1 form to initiate the workflow , then u do another form for second activity to action the worklist item ,

or at least if u want to use the same form , dont put Initiating the workflow and actioning the worklist on the same event ,

create 1 button for initiating for start activity , and create another button for actioning ur asignarTramite action worklist and u could show/hide the button depending on which activity u on .

Regards.

Badge +6
Thanks for clarifying. I will change that, used to be on different forms.

What about the second activity that does not gets executed?
Badge +6
As far as I know, if the notification arrives I would click on the Worklist Item Link, and solve the Invalid Serial Number problem, right? SMTP is ok
Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Dear ,

The view flow shows that the activity is initiated successfuly , im sry if i missed something but im nt sure wt do u exactly mean ,

anywho , if u aint recieving the task by activity 2 , then u should check the destination prolly its wrong since we said view flows shows its initiated successfuly ,

if u mean ur gettin the task but u cant execute it ? maybe make the changes to the first form and then try again ? because u had a conflict in serial numbers by using the 2 rules together .

otherwise activity 2 should have no issue , all u need is a smartform , and a button on it with event click and action worklist item , providing serial number and action name all should be fine .

Note : if u have another error/issue in activity 2 that i didnt mention , please let me know wt is it about and ill provide an explanation if i could .

Hope it helps!

Regards.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Dear ,

One last bit about that tho , and i hope explaining it in the right way ,

from ur last post i see that u r using email notification to send user a worklist item URL , to open his worklist item ,

would u mind deleting that activity ,

and include that in the smartform client event ?

so just delete the activity that has the "Email event" and connect the line from "START" to first "Smartform client event"

and on smartform client event configuration wizard , keep on clicking next , until u find the page where it says "Notify destination with email"

if u check it , it will send an email to the destination user , and in this email , put the worklist item URL , and then try it .

Because activities changes serial numbers on each step , im nt rly sure if i could explain it better than this but i hope it made sense ,

i hope u try it and it solves ur issue .

Regards.