Approval of task after completing the 2 paralell activity

• 26 February 2015
  • 3 replies
  • 1 view

Badge

Dear Exert,

I have to make one process in which once process initiate it goes to two parralel approval, once the both approval approves this activity then task goes to the next level approval otherwise task will not goes to the next level approval.

How I will achieve this scenario.

In my case once first approval approve the task then task goes to next level approval without waiting for second approval decision.

And once second approval approva the task then task again goes to next level approval.

In this case there are two task for next level approval this is not fine.

So I need to make setting when both approve the task then only task goes for next level approval.

Please help me to achive this scenario.

Please find the screenshot in the attachment.

Regards

Shahnawaz

14865iCAE7E3B710CC377B.png

3 replies

Badge +10

I think what you are trying to acheve is fairly straight forward, if I understand correctly. You will need to make use of the start rule on the last activity. What I would do is create two datafields and set the initial value to false.. Now if one of the parallel activity is approved then set one of the datafields to true. Now do the same for the second parallel activity. Not in the last activity, set a start rule where both data fields must be true. This way once both fields are tru the last activity is started.

Hope that helps

Badge +10

Small correction to s0m3one's post.  You need to use the preceeding rule, not the start rule.  Using datafields like he described is correct.

The Start rule is used for setting at what point in time can an activity start.  Normally its for setting time delays of a configurable value or saying the activity can only start on a particular date or time normally retrieved from a form or some other line of business data source.

Hope this helps.

Tim

Badge +10

Aha. Apologies. Thanks for correcting me timkin.