Send reminders in different time intervals 24 month then 12 month 6 months then 3

• 16 July 2019
  • 1 reply
  • 1 view

Badge

i want to send reminders in different dates, first 24 months , then 12 month, then 6 month, 2,3, 1. This a a system for long term lease agreement , to reminders users before expiry date.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +22
Hi,
There are many ways to do this.
I personally would use a scheduled list workflow that runs daily and checks the expiry date on each item in the list.

I would have a yes/no column for each reminder. 24/12/6/3/2/1
When the workflow runs it calculates the days difference between today and the expiry date. Then have a series of run if actions that when the days diff falls between the days in the run if action the run if runs and checks the appropriate reminder column in sharepoint to see if the reminder has already been sent and if not the reminder is sent and then updates the appropriate reminder column in sharepoint. If its been sent the run if ends. This will stop duplicate reminders going out.

Its easier to manage one instance of the worklfow running daily then many instances of the workflow runing on each item for 2 years plus.