Workflows not running: The specified domain name is invalid

• 15 April 2016
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +16

Any ideas what this means?

Message: The format of the specified domain name is invalid; ServiceName: ADService2; ServiceGuid

Workflow was working fine prior to upgrading to 4.6.11 from 4.6.8

The forms submit, but no emails being sent to Authorisers via the Workflow.

In Workspace, View Flow, the Green line from Start stops at the next box (where the emails are sent for the request to be approved)

Any help would be appreciated

8 replies

Badge +9

Go to your SmartObject Services Tester and expand ServiceObject Explorer -> AD Service2.

Right click "Active Directory Service2" or whatever you have it named and click "Edit Service Instance".

Check your settings here, I'm thinking maybe LDAP or NETBIOSNAME is not correct.

16102i8463FD77CD87DC1B.jpg

Userlevel 3
Badge +16

Hi Victoria,

Thanks for taking the time to reply, appreciate it.

I tried your suggestion, the LDAP and NetBIOS names are fine and correct.

For good measure I updated the Active Directory Service2 service instance and also refreshed it, but alas no joy

Any other ideas?

Badge +9

Hmmm... what format are they in?

Should be something like LDAP://DC=AD,DC=DOMAIN,DC=COM or LDAP://DC=DOMAIN,DC=COM

If you have more than one domain the LDAP and NETBIOSNAME should be delimited with semicolons.

Userlevel 3
Badge +16

Hi,

The format is LDAP://DC=DOMAIN,DC=XXX,DC=AC,DC=UK

We only have one domain.

Regards,

Badge +9

Hmmmm... Looks good to me... Have you tried running one of the SmartObjects that uses that Service Instance?  Like perhaps the "Get User Details" method from the AD User SmartObject?  I'm curious if it will give you the same error or return something else perhaps more helpful in troubleshooting.  Or maybe it'll work and the issue is something else entirely!

Userlevel 3
Badge +16

Did the following:

Execute Smartobject: 'AD User' Method: 'GetUserDetails'

Method to execute: GetUserDetails

Username: a username

Results: Works fine, all fields and details are returned.

Badge +9

Ok so where exactly are you getting this error message then?

Userlevel 3
Badge +16

In Workspace under process instances, thats where it says Error.

If i do View Flow in Workspace, there is only a Green line from Start to the first process (this process is the one that sends the request via email to the Authorisers...