K2 for SharePoint Workflow creation

• 29 March 2012
  • 9 replies

Badge +2

I am able to create workflows in SharePoint using K2 if I am on the machine that the K2 Server is on. When I tr and access that feature from the same website but a different machine it will not allw myself (I am a power user role) or the Farm Admin (who is also the K2 Admin) create a workflow. What would be the cause of this?

9 replies

Badge +10

This sounds like a Kerberos Issue check out the following links

http://help.k2.com/en/k2blackpearluserguide.aspx?page=DeploymentConsiderT3.html

http://help.k2.com/files/2605

Badge +6

Greg, can you give more details. Are you using K2D4SP from the ribbon? What do you mean by "It will not allow" Are you getting any errors or message?

Badge +2

What I mean is that on the server I click on the K2 Process button on the settings ribbon for a library I have created to test on, SharePoint Designer comes up. When I do the same from another machine logged on to the same site as the same user I click on the same button and receive a login dialog box. Regardless of who I type in (myself, or the farm admin (also the K2 Admin)) The dialog box goes away after three attempts and I am left with a blemk screen.

I connect to the server via Remote desktop so the other machine is actually my machine.

Greg

Badge +2

I believe we setup everything as we should. Unfortunately the guides you posted are for older versions so I will have to llok through existing docs to see what I can find. I know we set Kerberos up for everything (Fiddler captures all that) but it seems that the K2 server is only hearing NTLM. That might be the setting I will have to change. I will keep you posted.

Badge +6

Add the SharePoint URL to "Local Intranet" zone in IE. That should fix it.

Badge +6

Please try the following steps:

* Disable Anonymous Authentication in IIS for the SP site
* What happens if you try without SSL
* Add the SharePoint Site to Local Intranet section in IE
* Please check the virtual directories are created as per the attached screenshot.

Can you check the permissions for your Sharepoint application poon account
•Local Admin
•SharePoint Farm Administrators group membership
•Site Collection Administration
•Export rights on K2 server
•db-owner on
  oK2 Designer for SharePoint database
  oSharePoint Central Admin content database
  oSharePoint Shared Services content database
  oSharePoint Site Collection content database
  oSharePoint Configuration database

Badge +2

chrisg - I did verify that negotiate and ntlm is setup for the K2 site. I have to verify that it is attempting kerberos because I have a feeling, even though we did all of the SPN setups, that is is falling through to NTLM. More later.

Badge +10

Keep us posted, and if you need help our support team are masters at this :)

Badge +2

Sujeeth - Thank you again. Annonymous Authentication is not enabled. These are all Kerberos environments. We are not using SSL as it is strictly internet and we do not have any external access. I am going to assume that the rights are all setup correctly because when I log on to the server (as myself or the farm admin) I am able to use IE and access the K2SPD without issue. It is only when trying to access K2SPD from anywhere else as the same person(s). So no help there?