Connecting Email Field to List & Workflow

Badge +1

361iE987BD7B948A812D.png362iCCFC470FF8E14B93.png

Hi,

I'm trying to connect a field to a list on my Nintex Form but am unable to do so. Does anyone know how to connect it to a column in SharePoint? It was working ok before in another part of my form, but I had added a Repeating Section to it and now the fields are unable to connect to a column on SharePoint.

4 replies

Badge +7

Here are a couple articles that should explain what's happening:

What you're going to need to do in the workflow to grab the email addresses is query the XML from the field called Form Data. 

Badge +1

365i2A2A8BAED3D7C776.png

Hey thanks Chad! Would I put the XML Query here in the workflow? I essentially need for it to query the email addresses entered either through the People search via SharePoint or just the email addresses. What would you advise?

Badge +7

I would suggest looking into that second link I posted about how data is stored in repeating sections. You're most likely going to need to build out the workflow a bit more. I'm not sure how they'll parse out of the XML so, you may need a loop to loop through the results and build your string. Or, if you plan to email each person separately, the Send Notification will need to be included in the loop.

I know I've parsed the Form Data XML for a repeating section in the past, but I have no idea where that workflow is at the moment. If I find it, I'll see if I can post the relevant parts, but it won't be today, or probably even this week. Sorry.

Badge +1

Also for the Query XML part of the workflow I'm unsure what to click on for it to query the email addresses.

I also wanted to see if I could have the email notifications to be sent specifically to the individual emails based on the type of service they requested. I'm not sure if that's possible or not with Nintex (I'm really new).

A basic summary of what I'm trying to do is the following:

1) Requester FIlls out Form

2) My Department Gets an Email Notification of Submission (Know how to do this)

3) Requester + Point of Contact are Emailed with Email Notification with Follow Up Nintex Form to fill out (Not sure how to do this)

4) Email Notification sent to Our Team Lead/Scrum Master responsible for that service (Know how to do this)