Can you resend just the Task notification?

• 5 December 2013
  • 5 replies

Badge +4

Is there a way to simply resend a notification of a task, and not the actual task itself through a Goto Activity?

Occasionally users will claim not to have received a notification and rather than immediately go on a hunt for the missing email we'd like to just resend the notification first.

5 replies

Badge +2

Was any body able to help you as we are sitting with the same situation where some users dont get the notification and we also would like to Re-Send the Task Notification Email without using the Go-To Functionality. Please let me know if you came right?

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

The short answer is "no". K2 uses MSMQ and the K2 EventBus for task notification emails. When a task is created, the notification is "dropped" into MSMQ, then sent by the EventBus. Once it's gone, it's gone.

One possible solution is to have an email escalation on the task event, which can effectively resend the notification email.

Given the fact that neither of you are the first I've seen request this, it might be worth your while to submit product feedback requesting this feature (https://portal.k2.com/feedback/Default.aspx).

Badge +2

Someone at K2:  Is "No" still the current answer or does the API now include a resend task notificaiton/email method?

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Aeberhar:

Task notifications still utilize MSMQ and the Event Bus. Thus, they still have the same limitation.

However, I would strongly encourage you to visit our Feedback page (https://portal.k2.com/feedback/Default.aspx), and submit a feature request for this. Product Management typically considers the volume of customers requesting a specific feature/enhancement when prioritizing development efforts.

Thanks, and regards,

Gail

Badge +6

Hi, guys,

A little bit late, but better than never! There is a bit of a hack you can use to resend task notificaitons, should the user delete the notification email, without using a Go To Activity. Simply go to Workspace, find the activity and assign it to the K2 service account. Then reassign it back to the user, which deleted the email notification and this will resend it.

Kind Regards,

MA