Skip to main content

I’m receiving this error when trying to load a page include as part of a child page.  The page include is being used in conjunction with a queue.  

Ben, You are going to have to provide more info.  Open Chrome Developer Tools and check out what is logged in the Console tab.

https://community.skuid.com/t/debug-javascript-tips-please

Also, screenshots would be good.

Hi Irvin, thanks for the quick reply!  Here’s what I’m, seeing when pulling up the page: http://screencast.com/t/sRi7aPKuaaS.  I should mention as well that this page include was working properly before I switched this to a child page.  

Ben, is your page include page also a child page? That can cause problems. If it’s not a child page, make sure “show salesforce header” and “show salesforce sidebar” are both disabled in page layout properties.

Hi Anna, yes, both the page and page include are child pages.  The general idea of the page itself is to be a call through list, with a queue on one side, and a preview of the record detail on the other, using the page include.  It sounds like in order for this to work, I would need to have two versions of the record detail page?  One to stand alone, and another to use in a page include?  

Yes that’s the way to do it. You need to have a separate record detail page to use in the page include.   Although, if you want to be tricky you can use that page (the “page include”) version that has no header or anything, and include it both on this queue page and in the page region on the detail page  (making your detail page just a glorified container for the page include). Does that make sense?

Child pages do not work as detail pages (at least in other child pages with the same parent) because the repeated content (especially headers and models) causes problems.

So I’ve gone back and updated the page include to not be a child page, and made sure the header and sidebar are disable on the page include.  And I’m still running into this same error…

Do you have any custom javascript running on your page?

Ben,

I’m going to guess that you have the Chatter component on your page include. If that’s the case, then you need to load chatter in with an iFrame. The Chatter component is not supported in Page Includes, popups or drawers for technical reasons related to VF component resource management.

JD, that was exactly it!  Removing the chatter component or putting it in an iFrame fixed the problem.  Thanks everyone for your help!

If you are using any script file and getting "Uncaught ReferenceError: x is not defined " which means ‘x’ is either a variable or a method which you are trying to use before declaring it using var keyword. This means that there is a non-existent variable referenced somewhere. This variable needs to be declared, or you need to make sure it is available in your current script or scope otherwise , it will endup throwing this ‘x’ is not defined error . This usually indicates that your library is not loaded and JavaScript does not recognize the ‘x’.

To solve this error: Load your library at the beginning of all your scripts.

There can be multiple other reasons for this issue:

Conflict with Other Libraries

Path to your library included is not correct

Llibrary file is corrupted

Working offline (when you use CDN)

net-informations.com

Uncaught ReferenceError: $ is not defined

Uncaught ReferenceError: $ is not defined: This usually indicates that jQuery is not loaded and JavaScript does not recognize $. Even with $(document).ready, $ is still going to be undefined because jquery hasn't loaded yet.