Skip to main content

We have a skuid page that is shown on a Force.com Site which is then embedded via iFrame on our own website. As such it uses “third-party” cookies since the skuid cookies via force.com are not from the same domain as our website.

Some users have settings in their browsers to disallow third-party cookies. When this is the case the skuid system works for some things but not others (like it won’t save data in some cases).

Is there any easy way in Skuid or on a visualforce page/site to test to see if cookies are being set properly so I can show a warning or error message about this problem?

Thanks for any ideas.

FYI the error message I get from Skuid is:
skuid__SkuidJS:7 Uncaught DOMException: Failed to read the ‘localStorage’ property from ‘Window’: Access is denied for this document.

Still struggling with this problem and hoping someone has some ideas or advice on how to address this issue.

Thanks!

Tony,

I believe you can just have your pages configured to save user settings server-side?

That may not be desirable, of course, since everyone is the same ‘user’ on a force.com site…

Not sure why the inability to save the user preference settings would interfere with the ability to save actual data, though!

That page is already set up to store user setting server-side. I tried client-side and got the same error.

It must save the settings not based on Salesforce User but based on browser because it stores the state separately for me in Chrome vs Firefox.

I also do not know why this would block saving data but I can tell you it most certainly is.  

Other thoughts?

Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks,
Tony