Skip to main content

We installed the Brooklyn update in Production. When I apply a table filter, the shading on the rows is not present immediately. If you hover over the table, or refresh the page, the shading appears (sometimes all of it, sometimes as you hover over it).

Is this a known Brooklyn issue?

Would a Update Out of Date Themes fix this (I’m hesitant to do it if it won’t).

UPDATE: this appears to be a Chrome problem. The behavior does not happen in Firefox.

UPDATE: I used the Update Out of Date Themes button, and it did not resolve the behavior.

UPDATE: I checked an older Sandbox that is running Banzai 7.16, and this is not occurring.

Hello Michael. Just to clarify - which theme is this built from? And, is it a custom theme, or out of the box? Also, is this happening for all pages that are using this theme, or one in particular? 

Mark, it is Classic, not a custom theme – out of the box.

It is happening on all pages that have a table (list pages in my case) when I apply a table filter (not when first loading with no filter).

Have you been able to see if the issue happens in other browsers, or if it’s specific to one? 
Also, are there any custom render snippets involved? 

Mark, 

This only happens in Chrome (see above); I tested Firefox, Edge, and IE 11, and the behavior does not occur in those browsers.

I tested it on another machine with Chrome, same behavior.

There is no CSS and no snippets on the page at all.

Again, it does not happen in Bonzai.

Hi Michael,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I’ve been able to reproduce the issue, and will notify the proper team. It also seems to happen when clicking “load more” at the bottom of the table, which means it may have to do to the way the table is redrawn by Chrome, and possibly the css rule using “nth-child(odd).” to color every other row.

Mark

Mark, any news on this? I just experienced it again in another Org.

Michael - I have not seen an update while tracking this issue ticket internally. However, since you’ve asked, I’ve just tested this out in Brooklyn 9.5.3 (called Brooklyn Update 1, Iteration 3) and Brooklyn 9.3.6 (Brooklyn Iteration 6). I’m happy to say that the Classic theme’s row shading for tables appears to be working as expected in the latest release. I believe the issue was probably resolved as a result of other work the development team has done since you first reported the issue. I will pass this information along to them. We would recommend that you update to the most recent version of Skuid release, which is available on the Skuid Releases page, in a non-business critical sandbox to test for compatibility. 

As a reminder, Salesforce does NOT allow reverting back to prior versions of managed packages. Skuid always recommends installing new versions in a non-business critical sandbox environment to test all mission critical functionality before installing into a production environment. We also recommend that you update out of date themes when you upgrade. Please let us know if you continue to encounter any problems with this issue after upgrading.

Thanks again for alerting us of these issues!