Skip to main content

I couldn’t find this reported anywhere else, so I thought I’d stick a post on to highlight a potential issue with Sliding Panels.

When I roll one over my page, it is being overlaid by the links for the Recent Items, the title of the recent items box, and also “Your name” and the App selection pill in the top right corner. Example below:

The slider is of type “Reveal” and is being launched from a button in a Button Set.

I’m on Windows 10 pro w/ Chrome 55 (latest). No weird plugins, Winter '17 Salesforce DE.

Ooph. I’ve just noticed the behavior of “Push” or “Reveal” are absolutely wild though too?! Is this normal:

99d701a85553cafa385c1949424db4814d0c1d78.png

Original post edit!! 
(can I not edit the original post, I can’t see a link to…)

It’s not in Reveal, its in “Overlay” mode for the original query…

Also edit: I’m on Skuid Brooklyn, release 2

Han did shoot first. And that is important. Let no one tell you otherwise. If I could give you points, I would.

Could you provide any more information regarding how you have built your page? Maybe even copy and paste your XML? Also, how often are you seeing this? Is it specific to this page or is it all over the place?

Sure. Thank you for your reply 🙂 I’m only a couple of weeks into my Skuid life, so please excuse any misuse of terms or “stating the bleeding obvious” I might do!

I have built my Skuid page simply using the Brooklyn managed package, in a W’17 Dev edition, using the page composer. It’s absolutely full of tat as I have worked through all the options - A panel set, with a Navigation and button set on the left, and Page titles, responsive grids, rich text, tab sets, charts etc.etc. on the right.

The button set on the left (“It’s a button” on OP the screenshot) has one action to toggle a Sliding Panel - which is a 72% high Overlay that comes from the bottom (though direction is irrelevant to the bug). The Panel has a button set with one button on it (but again, the presence of this makes no difference) and that’s all.

I have stuck the skuid:page tag into some Visualforce that overrides the Account view page. I also see the behavior in “Preview” mode for the page too though.

When the Panel Set is actioned, and slides into view, the “Recent Items” links and title remain on top of the gray background, as per the screenshot in the OP. Here it is with the panel having come from the top too… where you can see similar behavior from the name/app selection pill… almost obscuring the Skuid button.

Because of the nature of this behemoth page of pieces, the XML is pretty big… which might make a mess of a forum post. If you would like me to send it somewhere, I’d be happy to if you tell me where, otherwise I can chuck it in here and see how it goes? Thanks again.

(Ps. I also personally subscribe to the fact that not only did Han shoot “first” - he actually was the only one to shoot in the early cuts)

FYI that I have a reported an issue that I believe is the same or very similar to this one.  Since this issue hasn’t had any activity in 4 weeks, I created a new one with my findings and a isolated repro at https://community.skuid.com/t/sliding-panel-display-issue-html-elements-underneath-are-di…

Srlawr,

Just to let you know, this is a bug. Our developers have been notified of it and we’ll let you know when a future release fixes this issue

Thanks!

Any updates on this bug? 

Any update on this update? 

Edit Modifying the z-index was a temporary workaround for me. 

.sk-pagepanel.sk-pagepanel-overlay {
    z-index: 100;
}

Thank you for your patience! Skuid has fixed the issue you raised in the new 11.0.3 and 10.0.13 release which are now available on the Skuid Releases page.

As a reminder, Salesforce does NOT allow reverting back to prior versions of managed packages. Skuid always recommends installing new versions in a non-business critical sandbox environment to test all mission critical functionality before installing into a production environment. We also recommend that you update out of date themes when you upgrade. Please let us know if you continue to encounter any problems with this issue after upgrading.

Thanks again for alerting us of these issues!