Skip to main content

Hi everyone,

I have a LEX page with a tabs component. On one of the tabs, I have a Skuid component showing a Skuid page with a list of related objects. Clicking an element in the list goes to the native LEX detail page for that object.

Edit the object and save, all well and good. Now click the browser Back button.

The Skuid component in the page has not refreshed the model so it’s showing the pre-edited data. I need to get Skuid to refresh the model, but I can’t find anything to hook. If I refresh the whole page, obviously, the updated data shows. 

This is in Chrome or Firefox. Salesforce session settings are set to not enable browser caching. In Chrome I have dev tools open with cache disabled. I have a custom LEX component that we wrote on the page listening for an onRender event and console logging; it logs on page load but but not when returning via the Back button. 

Basically it looks like Chrome just instantly throws up the previous rendering of the page which, honestly, is what I’d expect. But I have users expecting to see their updated data and I’m seeking a way to do it.

Any ideas?

What Skuid version are you on? In Millau Update 2 (11.2.x) there is a Model option under “Advanced” that lets you auto-synchronize Skuid Models with Lightning Components — which I believe should help with this scenario, because as soon as you save the record in the native edit view, the Lightning standard edit component should fire an event which the Skuid Model should be listening for. So if you enable this setting on the Skuid “related records” Model, it should update when the native edit component is saved.

Thanks for the quick response. We’re on 11.1.14 so will give it a try in sandbox.