Skip to main content

We’re keen to use Calendar component to manage our calendars rather than Google calendar, though a few drawbacks are getting in the way of productivity:

For week view: 

(1) We want to see the current day highlighted somehow (in google calendar it puts the whole column in a light grey)

(2) We want to see something indicating the current hour, or perhaps at least row lines - at the moment it’s really hard to work out what time we are at in a day, and see how far the next event is, as well as identify which hour an event falls in.

(3) Can we make some text smaller in the event display “Event Tempate”, e.g. on the first row show a start and end time e.g. “HH:MM - HH:MM” in smaller bold text, then on the next row show the subject in larger text?

Dan~

1. You can modify this in the theme editor.
2. Is this for the week view or the day view?
3. You can use HTML within the template field like shown in step 3 of http://help.skuid.com/m/components/l/102558-use-the-template-component-for-custom-code-areas.

Hope that helps!
Karen

How exactly do you do you #1 highlight the current day in the calendar using theme editor?

I went to the theme editor and I don’t see this option for the calendar?

Thanks

Karen is referring to the Month View for Calendar, where the current day is highlighted, and you can change the highlight color via the following Theme Composer property:

Calendar > Day (Month View) > Background (Today)

Note we still haven’t had feedback about how to achieve the following. Also note as per my original comment it is week view we want to achieve this with:

(1) We want to see the current day highlighted somehow (in google calendar it puts the whole column in a light grey)

(2) We want to see something indicating the current hour, or perhaps at least row lines - at the moment it’s really hard to work out what time we are at in a day, and see how far the next event is, as well as identify which hour an event falls in.

Dan, we are discussing these improvements to the Calendar UI and are working out a timeline to get them addressed. Thanks for your patience, we’ll keep you updated.