Skip to main content

I have created console component in the Console App. I have created a custom object called Alerts and the data related to this object is displayed in the component using Skuid Page. Now i want to have two different filters , one will have the Unread Alerts and other will have All Alerts. If user clicks on any of the Unread alerts , it should vanish from that view. Also i want to have pop up like Microsoft Link or communicator when new Alert is created in the system.

Can someone please help me or give some approach to resolve this?

To get the message to disappear, try a row action button. Set the button to change the unread field to read, then requery the model. To get a pop up when a new message is created is a bit more difficult. You would have to add some JS to your page that requeries the model periodically after page load (like every minute). Then based on the results, show a pop up.

I think you could tie the popup for the new alert message to whatever is creating the new alert.
Or you could add an action to your alerts model triggered by ‘new row’ to show the popup.

Thanks Raymond!
Is it possible for you to explain this with any example that it would be really useful , As i am new to SKUID framework.

Thanks in Advance!! 

This tutorial should help… Step 5 and on review row actions: Page Not Found — Skuid v15.1.6 Documentation

Good idea

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Remove Records(Messages) from view after reading. I have created console component in the Console App. I have created a custom object called Alerts and the data related to this object is displayed in the component using Skuid Page. Now i want to have two different filters , one will have the Unread Alerts and other will have All Alerts. If user clicks on any of the Unread alerts , it should vanish from that view. Also i want to have pop up like Microsoft Link or communicator when new Alert is created in the system.

Can someone please help me or give some approach to resolve this?