Skip to main content

We are building out a community on the Partner Central template. We are using Salesforce DX and scratch orgs, and we’ve also taken the time to use the skuid-grunt tool from NPM to help get our Skuid pages into source control.

We’re using the Skuid Lightning Component in the builder, and the page appears. But we’re finding some confusing behaviour - I’ll use the latest example we’ve had of the problem.

I wrote a custom field renderer to show a contact’s Name, Email, and Phone number in a field, rather than just their name (template fields don’t work in the Community - I’ll post about that separately!).

The Customer changed their minds, so a colleague of mine took out the bit of the Javascript snippet that added the phone and email address. He pulled the page and put it into source control; I pushed it into an org. In the Community, the old version of the page continued to show - I could still see the email and phone number. Running the page internally (launching from within LEX), I got the new version. I made a small change to the page - literally, just added a space to a page editor header, saved, and I started to see the correct version of the page.

Now as I’m writing this I realise that I pushed the pages to the same org my colleague changed the page in and pulled them from… but I think that’s a red herring, My thoughts are either an issue with Skuid caching in a Community, or maybe the skuid-grunt tool?

Gary,

Based on your description of how you deployed, could you have pushed your ‘old’ version of the page into the Org where you colleague made the fix before you deployed?

Thanks,

Bill

Hi Bill,

No - in the editor, the correct version of the page was showing, as was the correct version when previewing the page internally. Upon trying to view it in the community however - I got the previous version of the page as viewed.

Gary,

Got it…you have changed the page and you see it in the org.  One thing that you can try is to rebuild the ‘Skuid page’ static resource.  Maybe it did not get rebuilt when you pushed the page using skuid-grunt?

Do you have your org. set to ‘Generate Skuid page support files on page save’?  You can find this setting under Skuid Settings (Configure->Org Preferences).

Thanks,

Bill

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the tip. That checkbox is checked, however, running the generation process for all pages and trying again worked. I guess the support file isn’t generated when run via skuid-grunt, despite that checkbox being checked…