Skip to main content

I’m trying to use the new MySQL connector but am struggling to get it to work. 

For the URL endpoint I put 173.236.29.190:3306, then the database, user and password. I know the IP and port work as I have successfully connected to the database using Skyvia and that access. I have set up your IP addresses on the whitelist in the Remote mySQL application in cPanel. When I enter the information in the connector and press on the “Test Connection” button, the system waits about 5 seconds then gives me no response, not “connection failed” or “connection succeeded” response.

When I press on Save Connection, the system grays the screen and gives a message that it is saving the connection, but then nothing happens. It stays gray forever. When I click on the back button, it warns that nothing is saved and I might lose my information … and sure enough, nothing is saved. 

I realize this connector is relatively new, but if you could build documentation for how to use connectors, it would be greatly appreciated. This has proven to be a significant trial-and-error (mostly error) exercise.

Do you have SSL enabled on the Data Source?

Yes … but do I need to put the https:// in the connector string?

No, your connector string should just be “HOST:PORT” e.g.

123.45.67.89:3306
mysqldemo.myserver.com:3306

That’s what it says: 173.236.29.190:3306. I tried it again yesterday and got the same results. When I test the connection, it runs for about 30 seconds and then gives me back the screen but I don’t see any test results showing up anywhere and then when I SAVE the connection, it greys the screen indefinitely. I can hit the back button at any time but then get the warning message that doing so will lose unsaved information. Thoughts? I need this to work to use Skuid as almost all my outside data is in mySQL.

John, I sent you an email - let’s follow-up offline to see if we can figure this out.