Skip to main content

I am trying to create a table row specific counter using a data/time field and a formula field that is set to NOW(). The Custom field would be subtracted from NOW() and that would return the countdown timer.

I am a javascript noob, so any help is greatly appreciated. I am referencing this counter from W3 schools.

Here is my snippet that currently doesn’t. I need help identifying the row field value for a custom date/time field, “MarketingStatusSLAStop__c”. I then need to assign that to either a template field or custom field render, but can’t seem to figure that out.

**Again any help is apprecaited. **

var params = argumentsr0], $ = skuid.$; var model = skuid.model.getModel('Main\_Contact'); var row = model.getFirstRow(); var dateVar = row.MarketingStatusSLAStop\_\_c; // Get todays date and time //var now = Date.now(); var now = row.Now; //convert from Salesforce date to Javascript date var jsdateVar = skuid.time.parseSFDateTime(dateVar); var jsNow = skuid.time.parseSFDateTime(now); // Set the date we're counting down to var countDownDate = jsdateVar; //var jscountDownDate = skuid.time.parseSFDateTime(countDownDate); //alert(countDownDate); // Update the count down every 1 second var x = setInterval(function() { // Find the distance between now an the count down date var distance = countDownDate - jsNow; //alert(distance); // Time calculations for days, hours, minutes and seconds var days = Math.floor(distance / (1000 \* 60 \* 60 \* 24)); var hours = Math.floor((distance % (1000 \* 60 \* 60 \* 24)) / (1000 \* 60 \* 60)); var minutes = Math.floor((distance % (1000 \* 60 \* 60)) / (1000 \* 60)); var seconds = Math.floor((distance % (1000 \* 60)) / 1000); // Output the result in an element with id="demo" document.getElementById("demo").innerHTML = days + "d " + hours + "h " + minutes + "m " + seconds + "s "; // If the count down is over, write some text if (distance \< 0) { clearInterval(x); document.getElementById("Now2").innerHTML = "EXPIRED"; } }, 1000); //convert from Javascript date back to Salesforce date //var hourAdded = skuid.time.getSFDateTime(jsDate); //model.updateRow(row,{Your\_Date\_Field\_\_c : hourAdded});

Josef,

I have looked at your question several times.  I don’t think there is a way to get a running clock on every row of the table without causing an issue for your user.  One way to accomplish the running clock is to add a Model UI Formula field to calculate the time remaining.  Then setup an Inline script to requery and re-render the table every second.  The issue is that on such a short interval, the table would requery before the user could make and save any changes.

You could do an auto-refresh every minute where the user is prompted whether they want to refresh or not.  Zach demonstrates this on a dashboard.  See here-> https://community.skuid.com/t/real-time-dashboards

Thanks,

Bill