Skip to main content

HELP… I installed Brooklyn 9.3.1 in production yesterday. i thought we had done our testing in our sandbox but now see today that the sandbox is on 9.3.0. Oops.

OK - here’s the problem, and it is in my production community, so our customers are the ones reporting it to us. 🙂

We have master-children pages. In production (9.3.1) the footer of the master page is covering up part of the child region.

Screen shots:

Sandbox on 9.3.0 - this is working property. The footer from the master page is the gray at the bottom.

Production on 9.3.1 - footer is covering a portion of the child page.

I solved this on another community page by adding a wrapper with a min height. We have lots of community pages, so I want to see what your thoughts are before modifying the pages (and I’m not sure that’s a good fix for long scrolling pages)

Thanks!!

I confirmed that my wrapper fix doesn’t work for long pages.  It eventually gets covered by the footer as well.  We have sales order pages in the community where the user can have an order with a table showing order lines.  Those tables can get very long, depending on the number of lines on the order.

Chandra V,

Thank you for bringing this to my attention!
I have been able to reproduce the problem you are experiencing and have notified the developers of this issue. I will update this post when a future release addressing this bug is available. Thanks for alerting us of this bug and helping make Skuid better!

Sure, thanks!  If you get a feel for ETA on the fix let me know.  It is in our customer community so I don’t want to leave it wrong for too long.

I cannot give an ETA on the fix but I do have a work around for you that could be applied immediately.

If you go to the master page where your footer has been built. You should be able to add a custom css component and make it’s position absolute.

This should get you started.
http://help.skuid.com/m/25162/l/102515-including-custom-css-in-a-skuid-page

It’ll be slightly different for everyone but if you are in Chrome, if you open the page that is giving you the problem, press inspect, and then add  position: absolute;  inside the element.style { }  location, then you should be able to find exactly where the CSS should be applied. That’ll make it to where your customers are able to use the page properly for the time being.

What you could also do is add blank images of filler spaces to the bottom of your pages in order to bring the footer down for the time being. Filler space can be a wonderful thing.

I hope this helps and gets you started on the right track. If you have any more questions or run into road blocks, don’t hesitate to ask.

I’m the first to admit that I’m a css dummy. When I attempt to examine the problem component, it looks like it already has position absolute applied.

Am I looking in the right place?

No worries. Our goal is to have skuid be easy even if you don’t know css.

Here is a CSS-free way of accomplishing this. (Apologies for not having this way first. Full disclosure: We’re learning this together.)

If you go to your master page, select your wrapper found in your footer, and then follow these directions, I think your problem will be solved.

Click Style Attributes

Add a new Style Attribute

Property: position

Value: absolute

Save

This should solve all your problems.

Thank you!

Thanks!  I tried the position: absolute  on the footer element Style but it didn’t work. However, clicking the new “Sticky” boolean on the footer (Basic tab) did work!  

EDIT:  eh… it really is sticky, and my stuff scrolls behind it.  At least they can see everything on the page now.  Please let me know when the fix in in place.  We can live with this for now!

EDIT 2: I put all my footer components in a wrapper and applied the position:absolute to the wrapper, not the footer.  That worked!  It messed up some of my elements inside the wrapper (scrunched them up) but I adjusted the wrapper width to 100% and it is now looking good.

Thanks again.

FYI: This issue is not yet resolved in Brooklyn 9.3.3…

Unfortunately, it was not fixed in time for the newest release of Brooklyn. However, it is currently a beloved repro page by the devs and they are actively working on it.

I expect it to be in the next Skuid update.

Thank you for your patience as we addressed this bug. This issue has been resolved in the
9.3.4 which is now available from the Skuid Releases page.

As a reminder, Salesforce does NOT allow reverting back to prior versions of managed packages. Skuid always recommends installing new versions in a non-business critical sandbox environment to test all mission critical functionality before installing into a production environment. We also recommend that you update out of date themes when you upgrade.

Thanks!