Skip to main content

Two questions on lookup fields. 1. Is it possible to set the default on the lookup search popup to more than 5 records? 2. Is it possible to display a file in this table. For instance, we have this file field on a custom object called PDF. I can get the file name or URL on to the table, but it cannot be clicked on. This would allow the user to preview the item before selecting it. 2d5a72fb6fcc7dac7ae4ba51ba57df1be92f66f0.png

Ryan,

I think your best option is to add a button that opens a popup window.  Shows the records you want in a table.  Just add a row action that updates the lookup field with the Id of the current row.  With the popup, you can control all of these things.

Thanks,

Bill

Thanks Bill.   That is a good idea.  Unfortunately the popup table that is behind the magnifying glass is pretty locked down.  In order for the type of customization you are looking for - you’d need a separate action or a custom renderer. 

Thanks Bill. This will work!

Rob, I have looked but haven’t seen anything. Is there a way to grab the onclick for the magnifying glass? Thanks