Skip to main content

Hi Guys,

Done VF overide many times and never had this issue

Trying to overide the Default New Lead button to a Skuid Page named: New_Lead

The VF seems fine when i preview it, but wnv I click the Classic SF 'New" Button on lead, I get you’ve been inked error.

You’ve been INKED! (Something went wrong)

Skuid was unable to redirect the user to standard Salesforce Page Layouts, and no Skuid Page could be used instead.

Here are my steps

1- Created Skuid page to create new lead

2- Created VF overide (tried with page assignment and not)

3- changed the New Button for lead to redirect to VF created above

4- Created a Page Assignment (tried with specific Record type, and without)

But still getting Inked…

Anyone has any idea?

Thx

bump 🙂

Hi Dave. Are you able to share the Visualforce markup you’re using? And, can you share the URL that you’re sent to when you see the “You’ve ben Inked” message?

Hi Mark and thank you for your help

Here’s the VF markup:

<apex:page standardController=“Lead” extensions=“skuid.Redirects” action=“{!redirect}?objectType=Lead&actionType=new”> </apex:page>

And here’s the Link: https://skuid.na87.visual.force.com/apex/UI?retURL=%2F00Q%2Fo%3Fnooverride%3D1&sfdc.override=1%3FobjectType%3DLead&actionType=new

Thx

It looks like perhaps you Skuid setup doesn’t have a page assignment that’s applicable to the specific scenario. When using the redirect option, you would want to make sure there’s a page assignment that covers the Lead object’s “New” action. It sounds like you’re familiar with page assignments and have tried some options already, so you might have some details about what didn’t work.
Here is a very simple page assignment I might try in your scenario:

16ecdb55505fdfae0192402feaff10ea1afbba68.png

If you’ve got a page assignment set up already, let me know what it looks like, if you can.

Hey Mark, yes I already have tried with assignment and even tried VF without assignment and still not working.

Here’s my page assignment

Let me know.

Thank you

As a sanity check, are there any typos in the Skuid page name? 
Also, can you try replacing actionType=new with actionType=New in your Visualforce markup?

If there’s any accessibility trouble: in your org’s sharing settings, please make sure the Page Assignment object is accessible as well - our recommendation is to set it up as public read-only. More on this here:
https://docs.skuid.com/latest/en/skuid/deploy/salesforce/user-access/#license-and-permission-assignments

Here are some additional troubleshooting tips as well:
https://docs.skuid.com/latest/en/skuid/deploy/salesforce/visualforce/#general-issues

Hey Mark, the 'New" does no difference but found the issue while looking at the Additional troubleshooting link you posted.

the problem was a “?” before the objectType, that I had to change to a “&” instead.

So from :

<apex:page standardController=“Lead” extensions=“skuid.Redirects” action=“{!redirect}?objectType=Lead&actionType=New”> </apex:page>

to

<apex:page standardController=“Lead” extensions=“skuid.Redirects” action=“{!redirect}&objectType=Lead&actionType=New”> </apex:page>

Thank you for your help!