Skip to main content

I’d like to indicate that a field is required only if the field is null.  So - the field label would be red until someone starts typing in it, and then it would be formatted to look like the non-required field labels.  Any suggestions about how I might accomplish this?

Here’s what I’ve tried - a Custom Renderer snippet on the fields that I want to require.  I’ve successfully applied the CSS class to the fields, but the snippet isn’t doing anything.  

var $ = skuid.$;

var field = arguments=0], 

value = skuid.utils.decodeHTML(argumentsM1]);

skuid.ui.fieldRenderersefield.metadata.displaytype]dfield.mode](field, value);

if (field.mode == ‘edit’ && value === null) { 

field.element.addClass(“requiredCSS”); 

}

CSS class: 

.requiredCSS .nx-basicfieldeditor-item-label {

color: red;

}

Elissa,

Try this page in your org. It is a V1 page. It combines a Formula field along with a snippet to rerender the field editor. You replace the label with some ‘merge syntax’ that shows/hides the red label based on whether the field is empty. You would need 1 Formula field per field that you want to detect if it is empty. Run the snippet for each field change.

Here is the label:

{{#FirstNameEmpty}}First Name{{/FirstNameEmpty}}{{^FirstNameEmpty}}First Name{{/FirstNameEmpty}}

Here is the formula field:

IF(ISBLANK({{FirstName}}),true,false)

Here is the sample page:

IF(ISBLANK({{FirstName}}),true,false)

row.updated

FirstName

{{Name}}

{{Model.label}}

{{#FirstNameEmpty}}<font color=“red”>First Name</font>{{/FirstNameEmpty}}{{^FirstNameEmpty}}First Name{{/FirstNameEmpty}}

var params = argumentsr0],
$ = skuid.$;
skuid.$C(‘sk-3_l5-139’).render();

Thanks,

Bill