Skip to main content

I am selecting a record type from the dropdown and it is redirecting to a skuid page as intended using a visualforce page to redirect. After saving I can view the record in the new view that I created in Salesforce.

However, there is edit action next to the record and I want it to go back to the squid page for editing instead of the Salesforce page layout. Please let me know how I can redirect to squid page when user click on edit next to the record in the view screen. Thanks

Do I just create another Visual Force Page that will Redirect the Edit and do Page Assignments for Edit? How can I load to the record that is being edited in squid model?

Hi Fireveo

Not sure what you are referring to here.

Can you provide some screenshots?

Thanks

When user click on edit action I want to go to a skuid page and load the record

In Salesforce setup you can go to the object you are using and click on the buttons links and actions.  Here you can override the edit button with a Visualforce page to redirect to a Skuid page:

Here is a link to our documentation that refers to this method in Step 10.

https://docs.skuid.com/latest/en/tutorials/salesforce/custom-edit-page.html

Happy Skuiding!

I am doing that for the new button. Do I have to repeat the steps such as creating another visual force page for the edit button to redirect to a Skuid page?

Yes that is correct. And you can then set your tables or forms to edit mode too.