Skip to main content

I’ve got a Filter inside a Filter Set, which is based on Rows in a Model…my model is an aggregate model.

For some reason, I have to double click to activate the filter. How do I get the filter to already be active without having to click first to activate it…

My aggregate model is already queried on the page (screenshot below), so I can’t imagine that would be causing the issue.

Hmmm … maybe the order of the models. Is the Agg model above the model that will be affected by the selections in the filter.

No, the agg model is below the model that is being filtered/affected.

Hi Conlan,

Is your filter set to be on by default? I’m not really able to follow your exact use case but that’s the only thing that I can think of controls when a filter is activated. If you share screenshots of your filter and model conditions you may be able to shed more light on the issue.

HTH,
Josh

Hi Josh,

The condition (i.e. “Type” in first screenshot below) that gets activated is NOT on by default. I have it setup with a blank value, which the filter uses rows in the agg model as the source (i.e. AggregateIncentiveTemplateRequirements) and then injects the RecordType.Name into the filter.

I believe Pat came up with this solution (thanks Pat!), which is why he understood my vague question 🙂

If I activate the condition without setting a value, then my model returns no rows.

What I need is to activate the condition (without having to manually click the filter button) but have my model show All rows until a selection from the filter button is made.

Thanks for the details, Conlan!

The only random thought I have:
- is there a way to try and use the action framework on your model to either activate or set the condition when you make your first filter click?

Hi Josh, 

So I did try using an action to activate the condition prior to loading the model’s data…but they resulted in 0 rows displaying in my table…since there are no rows that match RecordType.Name = null (blank value). So then I deleted that action.

Oddly enough, it seems to be working now.

Thanks for your thoughts!

Conlan