Skip to main content

I am having an issue where conditionally rendered fields in 10.0.4 are causing extra white space.

There are three fields, 2 are conditionally rendered and in the below images, one is from 9.5.1 where there is a proper amound of white space, and the other photo shows a lot more.

If I create three separate columns within my Field editor the white space does diminish.

I cant seem to replicate this anywhere else or on a blank page, so I am hoping it is something silly that I missing, but i wanted to post it as a heads up.

Richard,

Can you post a screenshot from the Skuid page builder, showing the field editor and all the fields (including the conditionally rendered ones)?

Thanks!

cf78b179442dbe6dfc893311191f485535ff000f.png

hi Amy,

I did some more testing and digging and found 2 more examples of this occurring.

Here is the page layout and the extra white space by the fields.

This occurs under the following two questions:

1. Seasonal Merchant?

2. Does this merchant currently accept American Express?

https://community.skuid.com/t/brooklyn-10-0-4-empty-row-for-hidden-fields

This post also seems to be experiencing the same issue.

From this I went and inspected the element and also see the individual div classes for each field that is conditionally rendered.

Does it change anything if you update out of date themes (if you can)? Are you using a standard or custom theme? If a custom theme, do you know what theme it was based off of? 

So this was after updating from 9.5.1 to 10.0.4 and I did one update of themes, about a week ago.

Richard, do you see the “Update out of Date Themes”  button on your Themes page? If you do, click it and see if that solves your problem.

It is not there, after upgrading to 10.0.4 we updated the themes which was about two weeks ago or so.

Richard,

Thanks for helping us nail this down. We’ve been able to reproduce this problem and have logged it as an issue. We’ll let you know when it’s fixed in a future release.

Thanks!

Thank you again for bringing this to our attention. Skuid might have implemented the solution in the new Brooklyn 9.5.14 and 10.0.7 release which is now available on the Skuid Releases page. Field Editor renders empty rows on non-display fields]

As a reminder, Salesforce does NOT allow reverting back to prior versions of managed packages. Skuid always recommends installing new versions in a non-business critical sandbox environment to test all mission critical functionality before installing into a production environment. We also recommend that you update out of date themes when you upgrade.