Skip to main content

I came across a bug with on-click actions and charts. Essentially, I have a Pie Chart with Multiple Data Series defined, and each Data Series has its own set of corresponding On-Click Actions (as seen below).

The On-Click Actions for each Data Series are set up similarly:

1. Show message and block UI

2. Activate a Model Condition

3. Requery that Model so that the Table below Filters appropriately

The bug is: regardless of what Data Series I actually select, the On-Click Actions always register as if I selected the First Data Series that I’ve defined.

I’ve noticed this behaviour in two separate charts now, where Each Data Series in the Chart is supposed to Activate a corresponding Toggle Filter on a related Table (based on a boolean field).

How can I define On-Click Actions for Multiple Data Series and have each one work correctly?

Thanks for reporting this. The issue is a result of the way we handle multiple series in Pie type charts (see this post): we collapse them into a single Series. This functionality was added before On-click actions, and we need to go back and add support for it. I’m logging this as a bug to be addressed in a future update to Banzai. 

Great, thanks J! Glad it’s being addressed.

Hi J. This is still an issue. What’s the ETA for the release this will be in?

Hi J.,

I am using on only series and on that series i did grouping by propery status.

But when i using onclick action then in result i am getting as “Premarketing” property status even if i don’t click on that “Premarketing” status area in pie chart.

Means i am clicking on Listed area in pie chart but as a result i am getting “Premarketing” status.

Please check attached screen shot.

Can you please let me know why this happning?

Thanks

Rajendra:  I think what is happening is that the value you are passing into your condition is always the first “propertyStatus” value found in the model.  You haven’t given it any information about the context the value should be derived from. You can use the syntax:  {{rows.0.propertyStatus}}  to pass the first property status field value found in the particular context row associated with your pie slice. 

You might also use the drill down option that comes at the top right of the chart.  It is much more straightforward to configure and does not require setting a model condition.  See this tutorial:  http://help.skuidify.com/m/supercharge-your-ui/l/436074-visualizations-chart-sets-aka-visualization-…

Thanks @Rob. Its worked

Hi Rob,
Can you let me know when we should expect an update with this addressed in it?
Pat

No ETA yet established. 

😦

Have another instance where this needs be fixed to enable proper functionality. What is the ETA on this?

Hi Skuid Community~

Thank you for your patience as we addressed this bug. This issue has been resolved in the
Brooklyn Update 1 which is now available from the Skuid Releases page.

As a reminder, Salesforce does NOT allow reverting back to prior versions of managed packages. Skuid always recommends installing new versions in a non-business critical sandbox environment to test all mission critical functionality before installing into a production environment. We also recommend that you update out of date themes when you upgrade.

Thanks!

Glad to hear that this has finally been addressed. Thanks for following up on this Stephen, appreciate it.