Skip to main content

Hello, Is there a way to allow users to change the backgound color of a field on a SKUID page? We have users that would like to highlight fields as red, green, or yellow. I added in a CSS to highlight a column, but our users want the ability to change the field colors themselves. Is this possible? Thank you. CSS .nx-basicfieldeditor-column:last-child .nx-basicfieldeditor-section-wrapper:last-child .nx-basicfieldeditor-section-header { color: black } .nx-basicfieldeditor-column:last-child .nx-basicfieldeditor-section-wrapper:last-child .nx-basicfieldeditor-section { background-color: white } .nx-basicfieldeditor-column:last-child .nx-basicfieldeditor-section-wrapper:last-child .nx-basicfieldeditor-item { background-color: yellow }

There is not a way to do this declaratively.  However,  I think you could pretty easily create a field on your salesforce object that allowed users to select a color,  and then use javascript to inject that value into a css style within a custom component.  

I will give that a try Thanks Rob for your help!

Colin … here’s an example that’s similar to your need. This is a snippet that we use as a custom field renderer on the the Priority field on the Task object. It conditionally adds a CSS class to the field based on its value. // Conditionally formats the Priority field in task lists to highlight high priority tasks //Adds CSS classes to allow for conditional formatting var field = argumentsu0], value = skuid.utils.decodeHTML(argumentsu1]); skuid.ui.fieldRenderersdfield.metadata.displaytype]yfield.mode](field, value); if (field.mode == ‘read’ && value == ‘High’) { field.element.addClass(“highpriority”); } In your scenario, you could have a picklist field called Colour Selector. Then you’d need a custom field renderer (snippet) on the field whose colour you want to affect. That snippet would check the value of Colour Selector and add the appropriate CSS class.