Skip to main content

Hello,

I note in the documentation that Aggregate models can only be used with Salesforce data source type. Do you plan to extend this to other data sources?

We are considering whether to build out a customer app in SF (with Skuid) or in MS SQL/ Azure (with Skuid) and this a pretty fundamental requirement for the visualisations.

Ben

Hey Ben,

happy to hear you are planning to use Skuid! I’ll ask around and let you know about my findings asap.

Thanks,

Janick

Hey Ben,

It took me a while but i think I can answer your question now:

Depending on what visualisation you want/need it is possible to use “Non aggregate models” for it. See this documentation for Charts, which uses a normal model to create the a chart: https://docs.skuid.com/v10.0.4/en/skuid/components/visualizations/chart/

As much as I know it is not planned to make other data sources usable with Aggregate models. If you think you still need this feature, could you please describe your use case a little further?

Thanks,

Janick

Ben,

We are planning on having this extended but can not give a timeline for it as it is in development.

Thanks,

Janick

Janick,

thank you for the updates - it would stop us from moving to Platform for now but we would like to so I’ll watch out for the updates.

Ben. 

Ben,

We are implementing Aggregate Model capabilities on all of our forthcoming SQL Data Source Types — two of which are very very close to being made generally available (PostgreSQL and Microsoft SQL Server). 

Zach