Skip to main content
12.1.1 Upgrade messes up pages in Spark

John, you probably need to go to “Design Systems” and click “Update Design Systems” — this should recompile your Design Systems against the new Skuid version.

I already did that.  The first time it ran it threw a JSON error, but it’s running clean now and everything is messed up.  It’s like the index references to the DSS are all off.

That’s really odd. We didn’t see anything like that when we did our own internal upgrade, and no other users are reporting this at this time. Any chance you could grant us login access so that we could take a closer look?

J., I sent Nate a bunch of additional technical detail offline and I believe he and Zach have connected already.  I also granted access to our sandbox and Nate has the details on that.

Ah, OK. I’ll follow up with them then and one of us will reach back out. Thanks! 

Hey John! I’m looking into what you’re experiencing, and I think I’ve found the source of the issue. It does seem to be a product issue related to page includes generating classes when they shouldn’t be, and then creating conflicting classes on top of that. We’re working on a fix.

Have you installed the newest release in a production org, or is it in a sand box?

That seems to line up with my observations.  We use page includes extensively, but I did notice that on a page without any that it styled correctly.  Another detail is that where I do have page includes the correct styling flashes and then the styling messes up when the page includes load.  Also of note is that master / child pages seem to be OK.

We’re currently in a sandbox, but we’re moving into product demos with the business next week so we’re in a bit of a bind at this time.  

Thanks John. There are several issues going on. We’ve identified and addressed a few of them already, and are narrowing in on the remaining issues.

I think we’ll have a patch ready early next week, possibly as early as Monday. We’ll keep you updated in case that estimate changes.

Thanks JD

Any update on timing for this patch?

Hey John,

We had a bit of a delay due to some emergency issues with Salesforce Communities. However, the patch is nearly finished with QA. It should be GA soon, though probably not today.

I figured you all were pretty crazy today with the Salesforce community issue.

Good news! We published Skuid 12.1.2 this morning! This should resolve the issue you’re experiencing with themes.

https://www.skuid.com/releases/

JD - This did the trick.  Thanks for the quick turnaround.