Window Not Found while running wizard from Kryon Robot (Black screen)

• 4 October 2020
  • 5 replies

While running a wizard with the Robot (20.3; via trigger), when I'm connected via RDP to the server the Robot runs as expected.

But when I disconnect from the server and no longer see the screen, the wizard can't find Chrome windows and the process fail.

The screenshots I captured from the "Window not found" fallback is just a black screen.

(BTW, I already set the "EnableLogonExpert" key to False but it changed nothing)

Thanks,

Omer

5 replies

Hi,

The EnableLogonExport key actually needs to be set to "True". This setting allows the robot to log into the system when you disconnect from RDP, as when you disconnect you actually lock the system. Additionally, you need to make sure that the robot has the right Windows credential to log in - this can be set from the console under the Robots tab.

Regards,

Darren

Thanks Darren,

I tried your suggestion but unfortunately it didn't help. In addition, the wizard succeed operate the AC steps in it, so it probably succeed connecting to the user.

Ah there's probably something wrong with the credentials then. The robot will still continue to run even if the screen is still locked, but it won't find the correct window because it isn't present on the screen. This requires someone to take a look at your system, please could you raise a support ticket via the support portal and someone will take a look for you?

Thanks,

Darren

Hi Omer,

For LogonExpert to be functional, you need:

0) Make sure the LogonExpert service is Enabled and Running

1) To have the EnableLogonExpert key set to True in the appSettings.config file

2) Have the PreventScreenSaver key set to True in the appSettings.config file

3) Have Credentials Vault enabled in the Admin

4) In the console, under the OS Credentials, make sure the correct OS credentials are Set that they display "in use" by the specific robot

If all of the above is checked and is OK, LogonExpert will automatically take care of the rest.

Thanks Milen and Darren!