How to connect the program sql ssms with kryon

Hi everyone

I'm trying to use an SQL DB

so I opened the SQL command, and inside they ask me to insert the connection string - and I don't know what is it

I tried this but it didn't work

I don't know what to do next

Please help me

Thank you all

11 replies

Hi Daniel,

You can use the connection query builder to help you create one. Click the link shown in the below picture. Once you click, the Data Link Properties window will open where you can enter your connection details to SQL and test with your supplied credentials. Once you are finished hit OK and the connection string will be filled in for you.

Regards,

Darren

You mentioned also that you didn't know what a SQL connection string is. To explain, this is the configuration that Kryon will use to connection to your SQL server. Once the connection is established, you can proceed to execute SQL queries as needed against the tables of your choice. This SQL connection string is not unique to Kryon, all applications (Kryon or not) require a connection string to connect to a SQL DB.

Thank you for the answer.

I tried to get into the builder but I didnt knew what to put inside

it will really help me if you could show me from where I need to take that info

thank you very much

Hi Daniel,

I'm afraid that information needs to come from your IT administrator. I do not have the details of your internal IT setup.

Regards,

Darren

ok but I dont have an IT administrator, its just me.

but thank u anyway

I successfully connected to the server

thank u very much for the help

P.S

I'm trying to do a sql query by inserting some values into a table i have in the database,

this is the Query:

insert into tvs (table_name)

values ($counter$,$Name$.$Info$.$Size$.$Price$);

(all of this are variables I have).

and for some reason it doesnt work.

I can read perfectly from the sql DB with a query like this: select * from tvs (table_name)

@darren Cheng​ 

Hi again

I'm trying to do a sql query by inserting some values into a table i have in the database,

this is the Query:

insert into tvs (table_name)

values ($counter$,$Name$.$Info$.$Size$.$Price$);

(all of the above are variables I have).

and for some reason it doesnt work.

I can read perfectly from the sql DB with a query like this: select * from tvs (table_name)

Hi Daniel,

There are three things you could try here:

1. Some of your variables are separated by a period (.) instead of a comma (,). Try changing all of them to commas.
  2. Try enclosing your variables in single quotes so instead of $counter$ it should reach '$counter$' - as should all your other variables.
  3. Finally, explicitly enter your field names into your query. Short example, INSERT INTO tablename (counter) VALUES '$counter$';

Thanks,

Darren

it worked I inserted all the variables into tags (') and it worked

THANK U SO MUCH

@darren Cheng​ 

can I ask another Q here?

now I changed the ID column into an indexable

how should I insert data now into this column?

because I tried to insert data and skip this column but it gave me an error, and couldn't fix it

can u help me?

Hi Daniel,

Before you try the query in Kryon, are you able to successfully execute the same query in another software such as SSMS or HeidiSQL (using real values of course, not variables)? If it doesn't work in these tools then there is something wrong with your SQL query or table configuration.

Regards,

Darren