Solved

Process Overview - System as a Role

• 27 June 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi,

I’m developing an E2E process using a Group Process Overview and I am unable to select a system as a role for the linked process.

Is this by design, i.e. you can only select roles/responsibilities in a process overview or is this a bug?

My E2E includes processes that are fully automated and therefore the applicable system needs to be tagged as the role.

Thanks

Tania

icon

Best answer by MarkduToit 3 July 2023, 15:26

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi @TaniaS,

This is by design. Although systems can be associated to an activity within a process, the only “entities” that can be assigned to a group or an entire process within a group is a role or responsibility.

That being said, there may be cases where you want to still be able to assign the system at that level, or perhaps track the costs associated with the system executing the process at a particular activity, and in that case you could create a responsibility named as the system and associate that.

An example of this can be seen in the screenshot below:

System as a Responsibility

As can be seen above, I have created a responsibility for Nintex Automation Cloud (previously Nintex Workflow Cloud) so that I can attribute the cost associated with running that system to the task it executes. You could do the same if you wanted to represent that on the end-to-end view of your process.

I hope this helps?

Kind Regards,

Mark.

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Thanks @MarkduToit 

Your response makes complete sense and that is how I handled my scenario.

Many thanks

Tania