Printing paper sizes

Badge +2

Is it possible to add additional paper sizes or custom sizes to the print option when creating a PDF of the process flow?  For a workshop we are wanting to print complex workflows on a plotter, but can't adjust the paper to a longer & narrower size to allow for better printing.

6 replies

Userlevel 1

to get around the constraints, I'd screenshot the process and then print that at whatever size - I've turned them into posters across a wall of A3 paper in the past. Trace

I've read that most European countries primarily use the A series for their paper sizes. However, I want to know up to what extent do you use it. I'm curious if there are instances where you use paper sizes besides the A series or even the B series. An analogy might be with the UK where some people still use pints and miles occasionally.

I'm asking because I've been hunted once more by printer compatibility issues. My country, Philippines, doesn't use the A series standard. We use the U.S. paper sizes for most cases and we also have something called Long paper size (which is 8.5x13 in.) primarily used for legal documents. A series is only used for our tax documents and sending documents to foreign nations which also use the A series. As you can see, the complication of dealing with different standard is just ridiculous.

Badge +2

Thank you.  We have a couple of VERY large maps (Against my better judgement).  I was trying to print to a plotter, but cannot get a paper size which allows the short dimension of the PDF (or screen shot) to fill the entire paper when restricted to only the sizes on Promapp.  A legal size paper would allow the short dimension of the map to better fill a paper.  

The sizes we were using causes distortion of the screen shot.

Badge +2

I am in the United States and we typically use letter (8.5" X 11") and legal (8.5" X 14").  Yes, note the continued use of inches. 🙂  However, the options in Promapp do not change the relationship between length and width very much.  

I was looking for a solution which would allow me to print a much longer and narrower version of the map - to fit the dimensions of plotter paper.  

Thanks for your help.  

We are currently limited to the sizes of paper listed in Promapp, and as you have discovered this doesn't go through to the larger plotter sizes.  

Your best option is to post a feature request on our UserVoice page (https://nintex.uservoice.com/).

Badge +2

Thank you for the feedback - I will add this to the uservoice.

Arlin