How to bulk disable 147 users ?

• 15 November 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge +3

I have identified 147 users who no longer have active Active Directory accounts but are currently Enabled within Promapp.

How do I bulk disable them ?

I'm not keen on doing each one manually, especially as there is no user search function.

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi Dorje,

In terms of the user management function, I just wanted to ensure that I understand your statement about there being no user search function. On the "Manage Users" page, you do have the ability to search for users by utilising the search function provided, see below:

Is this the kind of search functionality you are looking for? I am also investigating a possible option for you, but just wanted to see if the above would help you in the interim?

Kind Regards,

Mark.

Badge +3

Hi @MAR ,

Many thanks for the quick response.

Thank you for pointing out the search icon in the black bar. Too many in the interface. I am newish to this and was trying to use the one above it.
Yep it works how I want for searching for users.

I was hoping that I could use a search URL string so that from my spreasheet I could build a hyperlink going to something like  /Admin/User?SearchCriteria=Jane Brown . So that I could click the link for 10 users, open 10 tabs, change them to Disabled etc etc.

I tried uploading a spreadsheet of 2 users and changing the "Enabled" Column from Yes to No. But that didn't work for me.

Thanks for looking at other solutions. Happy to hear them.

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi @DorjeM,

I did some investigation and some of the options I was exploring aren't available, but there were still a couple that you could utilise to perform the updates. Firstly, you have the option of using SCIM to update and/or manage user identities. You can find further information about the topic here: https://help.nintex.com/en-US/promapp/Admin/SCIM/SCIM.htm

There is also an additional option of using Postman, but this requires a certain level of technical expertise. If you are interested in this option, please let me know and I will get additional information on how you interact with Process Manager via Postman for user identity management.

Kind Regards,

Mark.

Badge +3

@MarkduToit  Thank you for looking at the options available.

I'll go and read the SCIM link you posted today

I'm more  interested in PostMan as I've used that for other automation tasks and would be happy to take advantage of any documentation / examples you have available.