Question

Document and Process Review time frames

• 12 June 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

Is Nintex looking at changing the period in which reviews can be completed on documents and processes. This is causing a significant amount of frustration across users that want to tidy up document and process reviews but cannot do so until they reach that “8week” mark. If they cannot be reviewed until 8 weeks, why bother having them appear on the dashboard at 3months. This is cause a lot of noise and disengaged/frustrated people. Please Nintex do something about it!!

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi @Jo_crighton,

I just want to make sure I am understanding the issue before responding in detail (if in fact I can). Is the frustration due to the fact that the items in the My Reviews tab are not clearing, or because they cannot be actioned?

I tested this in my tenant and if I have a role/responsibility required to review the process, I can review it at any time, and the fact that it was reviewed is captured in the change log (as per the below image):

Even though the process was reviewed, it will still appear in the My Reviews list, but will show a green status indicating that nothing is required on the process at this stage (as per the images below):

Procure to Pay Process - Reviewed today but still listed with no action required

My Reviews Statuses

Please let me know if there is something else that might be causing an issue so that I can try and assist if possible.

Kind Regards,

Mark.

Badge +1

Hi Mark,

The frustration is probably more around the documentation then the processes, though recently we have changed our setting to turn off explicit process reviews and now we don’t appear to have a “reviewed it” button for our processes. So can someone review a process before it is in the 8week period and it will disappear off the dashboard once it becomes due or do they need to review it again? 

But for documents personnel are wanting to review them for example in the image below they are 9 weeks before due

They are receiving the following message.

Regards

Jo 

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi @Jo_crighton,

With regards to the processes (and to clarify my above statement), I have explicit reviews turned on and it seems that I am only able to review the process once it is within the orange status i.e. within 10% of the due date, or within 2 months of the deadline date. The clarification required is that I have a process that is set to be reviewed monthly, and that one can be set to Reviewed at any stage (as it will always be within the 8 week period), so it seems that Process Manager will restrict you to the 2 month (or 8 week) cycle as you pointed out previously.

However, once reviewed, the items will not disappear from the list... instead they would show the review status as green i.e. no review is required. Once they turn orange, it is supposed to indicate that it is within 10% of the required review date, and then red if it is overdue, etc. as per the help documentation found here: My Reviews tab (nintex.com).

I think if explicit reviews is turned off I think it will not require that reviews are done for all processes, hence the button disappearing. In terms of the document reviews, I didn’t have it turn on but once it was turned on it seemed to behave in the same way as the process reviews.

The only thing I haven’t been able to replicate is the scenario surrounding the processes you have in the first diagram, where the edit button appears but the Reviewed It button doesn’t. Is the person viewing that list tied to the processes in the list in any way i.e. are they listed as a stakeholder in any capacity? - Answering myself here after a chat with the Product Management Team, but this is due to the explicit reviews being turned off 😉

Kind Regards,

Mark.

Userlevel 5
Badge +20

Hi @Jo_crighton 
Did these replies solve your question?