Solved

Sharepoint list: Update item if it exists or create a new item without sharepoint designer

• 12 October 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

Hello All,

I currently have a simple nintex form that populates a list in sharepoint. I want this list to be updated such that, if an item exists then it should be updated rather than creating a new duplicate item.

We do not have sharepoint designer hence i will not have access to any nintex workflow. Is it possible to achieve the above either in list or nintex form without any workflow?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by sumitdeJedi 18 October 2021, 10:26

View original

1 reply

Badge +9

Hi el_pistolero

There may be other ways of achieving this, but I would recommend using a Nintex workflow with a start form.

The workflow could then query they list to see if there is an existing item with the values from the start form, and if there is, then you could update the existing item, and if not, it could create a new item.

I suspect the issue you'd face with trying to do this with just the form, is that within the form you could query if there is an existing item, however in order to update it, you'd need to locate that item and edit it.

I hope that helps,

Sumit