Question

Nintex Forms - Get MachinName

• 30 May 2023
  • 7 replies

Badge +1

Hello everybody,

I have a sharepoint list form with a dropdown of a list of servers (Machine name) to select. We open this form on different machines and I would like nintex to find the name of the server where it is running and so automatically select it from the list of machines. 
Is there any way to do this?

Thank you very much in advance

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +22

Hi,

I am not sure if you can have the hostname selected from the dropdown by default but you may be able to populate a text control with the hostname.
If you are using a classic form you may be able to use Javascript to get the local host name.

I found this example below.  I have not tested this.
https://www.tutorialspoint.com/How-to-show-the-domain-name-of-the-server-that-loaded-the-document-with-JavaScript 

Userlevel 5
Badge +20

Hi @PGN 
Have you resolved your question?

Badge +1

Hello,

I have not yet been able to test @SimonMuntz  idea. As soon as I have tested it I will give a feedback. 

Thanks!!

Userlevel 5
Badge +20

Hi @PGN 
Have you managed to test this? 

Badge +1

Hi @MillaZ 

So far I have not been able to get it to work. I can't get that when I open the form in new mode from sharepoint it executes the scrtipt to pick up the name of the server that is opening the form.

Any idea how to do this?

Many thanks in advance.

Userlevel 5
Badge +20

@SimonMuntz can you help out please?

Userlevel 6
Badge +22

Hi @PGN ,

I’m sorry but I am no expert in Javascript so am unable to help any further.
I have been doing some research though and found that it may not be possible to get the machine name due to security reasons.  There was Active X controls that could be used but they were for IE browser which no longer exists.