Question

Nintex 2013 Workflow Migration to SharePoint 2019

• 7 June 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge

Hi Team,

I have a project to Migrate SP 2013 to 2019 which has Nintex Workflows and Forms, I have 2 options to migrate 

1. Traditional (database move)
  2. ShareGate Migration

Question: What happens to the running workflows instanaces during migration, can we start those instanances again once the migration is completed?

Is there any document with steps which can be followed citing above situation.

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @alokpaul 

Both methods are viable but I think it is best you to decide what the best path for your needs. 

Sharegate is a fantastic tool with a huge amount of customisability, if a lot of data remediation and structure changes are needed then I would suggest Sharegate the route to go. 

here is the documentation on upgrading to 2019 https://help.nintex.com/en-US/nintex2019/current/sp2019/NW-Upgrade/aa-top-upgradeguide.htm

it is recommended to upgrade first to 2016 from 2013 and then from 2016 to 2019 if you intend to use db migration, I believe there are differences in the data structures between versions that may not be accounted for if you skip versions. 

That said I have heard of successful migrations going from 2013 to 2019, I just cannot recommend it. 

Hope this helps 

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Also I have just confirmed the existing instances will move with the db migration they are part of the content dbs. 

however it is important to test such migrations extensively. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +22

Hi @alokpaul,

Only when doing a database detach/attach will running workflows continue. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +20

Hi @alokpaul 

Did any of these answers solve your question?