Solved

Hide and then show panels

Hello,

In my form I have 2 fields Requestor and Steward that will either hide or show the fields.  When you first come into the form you are the Requestor but if you are also the Steward (Requestor ='s Steward) you will see all fields and you must complete.  BUT if the Requestor and Steward are different ppl then I want certain panels to be hidden to the Requestor.  Which I have a rule that makes all this work.  The problem is when the Steward receives the email they have to complete the rest of the form I need the panels to show but I can't figure out how to turn the panels back on. Right now per panel I have 2 rules attached to each one for the tabs so you can tab between each panel and then the one that says if Request!=Steward then hide.  When I add new rule to say to say Is Edit Mode && Toggle it does not show the panel.  

Note my toggle is set to default No and updated during a workflow to Yes after steward receives email that they have to complete the form. 

First rule: Tabs!='Software Information'  (Switch between all the different tabs in the form)

Second rule: Requestor!=SystemSteward  (Hide form)

Third rule: Is Edit Mode && YesNoToggle  (Hide form which is set to yes at this time so it should show the form right??)

I am new at Nintex form rules so please dumb it down for me lol

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Tarf 4 May 2021, 09:58

View original

6 replies

Badge +8

Hi @whartman,

@whartman wrote:

When you first come into the form you are the Requestor but if you are also the Steward (Requestor ='s Steward) you will see all fields and you must complete.  BUT if the Requestor and Steward are different ppl then I want certain panels to be hidden to the Requestor.

The problem is when the Steward receives the email they have to complete the rest of the form I need the panels to show but I can't figure out how to turn the panels back on.

If all info has been provided already, why has the Steward to enter the form a second time anyways?

For a hide to take place, only one rule has to apply. If you have multiple hide rules on elements this can become very confusing very fast.
Are Requestor and Steward both people fields? What do you need the yes/no toggle control for?

Rules I can think of

Hide Panel B to the Requestor if he is not also the Steward in new Mode IsNewMode && Requestor != Steward
Hide Panel A in Edit Mode to the Steward if he is not the Requestor IsEditMode && Requestor != Steward

Requestor and Steward are both people fields.  So this is a software requestor form.  The requestor can also put themselves down as the steward and if they do those 2 fields = the same name then the panels will not hide so that the requestor/steward can fill out the whole form.  If the requestor puts down someone else as the steward then I want the remaining panels to hide because the steward should complete the rest of the form.  Once the form is saved the steward will receive an email letting them know they are the steward on this request and that they need to complete the form.  This is where the hidden panels on edit mode need to be seen so the steward can complete the form but I don't know how to turn them back on.  Not sure if I need the toggle now that i have been thinking about it. 

Badge +12

@whartman ...Assuming when filing the form the first time, the submitter is providing Requestor and Steward information. I'll try the below steps:

1. Add a calculated control on the form and always hide it

1. The formula will be If (equal(userProfileLookup(Requestor, "PreferredName"), userProfileLookup(Steward, "PreferredName"), True, False)

2. If the above-named control is false then hide your panel

Thank you.  Question what does "PreferredName" in this calculation? 

hey thank you so much I actually got the form to work with using your suggestion just had to change it a bit. This works perfect!!
Is New Mode & Requestor!=SystemSteward
Badge +12

Preferred Name will give you the display name of that user.

Also could you please mark as a solution if you're issue is fixed? 

Thanks.