Skip to main content

Hi Guys, I am testing the water with nintex workflow for office 365, I need keep the trial information for audit purposes and I want to know if the workflow status will desapear after 60 days like in nintex on-premises ? If so is there a workaround to get the workflow history log?

Thanks

Walter

Hi Walter,

In those cases where auditability is needed I often choose to add workflow information to either the item itself (using a column WorkflowLog) or a dedicated list. Of course with the blessing of the customer.

Thank you 

I have created a column WorkflowLog, so what is the reference in the workflow that I need to call to put in a variable and then update to my column?

Thanks

At any important stage of your workflow you can use either List/Update Item or List/Set Field to add audit information to the column WorkflowLog. Use Build String to copy the previous WorkflowLog value and add the new log entry with date/time reference: "24-4-2017 user name Approved the request" or whatever is needed. Myself I've used it for example in a state machine approval workflow to log each approval level's outcome using date/time, approver's name and the outcome it self (or the task Comments field).

Thank you

That solved my problem, I appreciate your help!!