Unable to edit field in form

• 19 September 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge +3

I exported a form from one site as a template and imported it into to another. However, some of the fields are coming across and locked and not editable. I see no documentation on where it is controlled or set or how to remediate it.  I see that both sites are configured the same so I don't know how this is happening or how to undo it.

The field is shaded and shows a message as follows;

"You cannot edit this field because the value is associated with a SharePoint list".

Since pretty much all of the fields are associated with lists or libraries, I find this to type of message to be very generic..

26376i6CAC7885601EF35F.png

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @Sc12 

Are the same options editable on the destination Sharepoint site? If so..

When moving lists and forms between sites there are 2 methods, saving as a template as you have used and using powershell/db backup.

When using a template you only create instructions on the naming and configuration of fields to be created in the new site, sadly one important piece of information (List column GUID) will not be moved over with this as it is generally considered that it should be unique, this GUID is used to do field association for form controls in a Nintex form.

For the new site all of the site columns will have a new GUID thus breaking the association.

You should be able to remove the controls from the form and add new ones from the left control list.

Alternatively if you move the site/forms using PnP xml site back up or a DB back up the GUIDs can be maintained and association not lost.

Hope this helps

Jake.