Solved

Starting workflow on my site hanging

• 16 April 2020
  • 7 replies

I have an SPO site where I have a list of 1000's of libraries and other lists. I have not been able to start Nintex workflow since as soon as I start this, it just goes on a loop and it never loads it! SharePoint 2010 site workflow was created using Nintex and would love to use it for SPO too!

Anybody has found this issue?

Please let me know if there is something that I can do about this.

thank you

Ajay

icon

Best answer by ajayw 3 June 2020, 20:45

View original

7 replies

Badge +17

@ajayw Are you saying in SharePoint Online the workflow is not starting?

Have you tried opening and publishing the workflow to ensure that it's bound to the correct list/library?

Alternatively, export the workflow and import it to a new test list to see if something was perhaps disconnected. 

Also, see if the workflow is showing in the workflow gallery page or Workflow Health report. If not, then the workflow may be a ghost workflow that needs to be replaced. Hope that helps.

Hi Harris,

What I am saying is workflow is not starting in  SharePoint Online for this particular siite!

Other thing I wanted to mention was Nintex Workflows for Office 365 is being is displayed in the Site Contents page but it doesn't appear on the list ribbon.

Does it have anything to do with starting the workflow?

Thank you

Ajay

Userlevel 6
Badge +22
Hi,

Follow the instruction in the link KB to make sure Nintex workflow is installed properly in the site and then test again.
https://community.nintex.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Office-365-Nintex-App-Does-Not-Show-In-Ribbon/ta-p/87079

Great, I got this answer from one of your member! But that also hangs on the list when I start the the workflow. Please note that I am not even able to start the workflow. When I click on the Nintex workflow on a selected list it starts and url changes as though the Nintex workflow is about to start and then displays message Loading Nintex workflow for Office 365, then it shows Loading site data and it goes on a circle, you know the image that appears when it does something but it never ending if it is in Internet Explorer and restarts and goes on the same circle of behaviour whereas in Google chrome it displays a sad face and ends the process!!

Please note that I have go this site with 1000's of libraries and few lists! Do this volume of usage have any issue with Nintex? Checked Storage Metrics for this site and found that, this site uses 17 Gb of 40 Gb available. But I have another site which hardly uses 1 Gb of 5 Gb available and able to use Nintex workflow there!

Please Let me know if you have any questions.

Appreciate all the help what you guys are providing here!

Thank you

Ajay

Userlevel 6
Badge +22
Hi,

Try Google Chrome in incognito mode.

I tried it in Google chrome mode, but it also said that not enough memory to open this page!

thank you

Ajay

I could use Nintex workflow for Office 365 after moving out all document libraries.