Skip to main content
Solved

Remove characters after workflow completes

Hello,

I have a workflow that Queries a List to grab email addresses but once the addresses are collected, I see in the log history that the addresses are displayed like such…

I used the below to try attempt to remove the “ e{"Approver_x0020_Email":"”} ” but was unsuccessful and only got what’s squared in red..

Help?

workflow result
workflow

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @jpacheco,

Can you clarify what you are trying to accomplish with the emails? Are you trying to get all the emails from the list and maybe add them to the “To” field of a “Send an Email” action?

The Query List action is populating a workflow collection variable, which is shown in the Description image in your example.

You could use the “Join items in collection” action to merge all the emails in your collection variable using a delimiter into a single text variable. You could then use that text variable in something like the “To” field of a “Send an Email” action.

Here is more information about the “Join items in collection” workflow action: Join items in collection (nintex.com)

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

Hi @jpacheco 
Did this answer help you resolve your question? 

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

@MillaZ ,

Thanks for your reply! So per response to your message, I am “trying to get all the emails from the list and add them to the “To” field of a “Send an Email” action”.

I tried using the join items in a collection and followed the steps listed in the documentation but having issues capturing the addresses… I added the “;” delimiter to separate the addresses but I’m wondering if its this “[{"Approver_x0020_Email":” that is causing an issue. 

My workflow works as such where I query the list and place the addresses in the “approverAddress” variable but when I log it to history, no addresses apply...

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

@MillaZ ,

No. I figured out another route.