Solved

Query XML - An exception occurred while processing parameter [InputXmlSource] - Nintex Workflow O365

I am trying to recreate a workflow that we currently have in SharePoint 2013/Nintex Workflow 2013 in SharePoint Online with Nintex Workflow O365. When trying to run the workflow in SPO the workflow suspends with the following error:

An exception occurred while processing parameter [InputXmlSource]

I have three Query XML actions in the workflow that are set (most likely incorrectly) to the XML source Content and Current Item; current item being a Nintex Forms repeating section connected to a Plain text Multiple lines of text field. The workflow and form are connected to a list.

I have set the XPath query to the same field as described above. (I am not 100% sure what I should set the path to.)

Return result as is set to Text.

Query result in is set to a Collection variable.

Further down in the workflow I have a For Each and Get Item from Collection action(s), but I believe the error is coming from the initial Query XML actions. Please let me know if there is additional information I can provide.

23425i7AF37DCC9DF858FE.png

icon

Best answer by Garrett 4 June 2022, 01:22

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @enquiringmouser 

1. You want to extract XML data from a 'Nintex Form' 'Repeating Section' . Got it

2. XML Source. Done

3. XPath Query. You need to specify the data that you want to Extract. Pending

4. Could you provide a sample of the XML Source (take from the SPO column? Example
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><RepeaterData><Version>1.0</Version><Items><Item>...</Item></Items></RepeaterData>

5. It probably the XPath Query that causes the error 

Thank you @Garrett. Once I added the ...Multiple lines of text field column to a view, and could see the XML it was easy to see the issue. See the sample of the XML source below:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><RepeaterData><Version>1.0</Version><Items><Item><_c9fc861c451e9a0979dc84722bcbd0b6 type="System.String">TEST TASK</_c9fc861c451e9a0979dc84722bcbd0b6>...

The XPath query is now set to /RepeaterData/Items/Item/_c9fc861c451e9a0979dc84722bcbd0b6