Office 365 workflow Query List vs on-prem Query List

Badge +1

Hello, I am converting my Nintex workflow from on-prem to Office 365.  My on-prem workflow uses a Query List action to get a subset of rows from a list.  Then I would use a For Each action to go through one by one each of the rows from the prior Query List action.  The problem is this, when I had they Query List in the For Each action (on-prem) I was able to grab several columns for my output then process them.  I can't seem to figure out how to get the actual values of the columns with the O365 version like I did with on-prem.  This is the on-prem and for each of those “count” columns I can then do calculations. 

24063i6BE912AE97433726.png

24064iA72A464A1C5B78BD.png

Here is the configuration for the O365 Query Action…

24065i3471B17A0EA0084E.png

24066iFA7ACDF9D7EBF5F2.png

The AlarmCount and AppellateCount don’t seem to give me the values, they are always zero when I know that there are rows that have a > 0 value in it. 

Do I have something configured wrong in my Query List action?  Or do I need to do something completely different with O365?

Thanks

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Oregonfrogger 

1. Select the Output Type as Single output

The output variable is a Collection Type.

Use a Log to History List action to check the output.

2. Add a For Each (loop) action below the Query List action

Configure as follows

Input is the output from the Query List

Output is a Dictionary type Variable

3. Use a Get an Item from a Dictionary action to extract the column data in the row.

Configure as follows

Dictionary (Output from For Each)

Item Name (This is one of the column specified in the Query List)

Output to store the value

Note: You will need 1 Get an Item from a Dictionary action for each column. 

So if you have 5 columns, you will need 5x Get an Item from a Dictionary action!

Note: The result from the Query List will insert escape character "" when it encounters special characters eg "Morning/Noon/Night" becomes "Morning/Noon/Night". 

Sample flow

Hopes this helps.

Badge +1

Thanks for the quick response.  I will try that, I guess what is disturbing to me is that the on-prem version was able to separate the columns into their own variables.  I would only do a Query List inside the For Each and get all the columns into their workflow variables in the one action.  I have like 30 columns that I would now need 30 actions to get the value.  It's changes like this that make trying to convert the on-prem version to the O365 version really painful.