Question

Office 365 update item permissions

• 23 June 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +9

Hello,

I am using the Office 365 update item permission control within the Nintex Workflow for O365. I'm a bit confused starting at “target”…

I have users in a security group with contribute rights. They have these rights to start off with to submit a form but I want to remove those rights once the form is submitted so they cannot go in and make changes. I’ve tried a few options like adding created by but I’m confused as the user sits within a group…

Thanks in advance!

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

With the “Office 365 Update Item Permissions” action, the Target setting is used to specify if it is a group or individual user that you are setting the item permissions for.

In your desired scenario, you would probably want to set the “Inherit permissions from parent” setting to No and the “Remove existing permissions” setting to Yes. Next select Group for the Target and enter the name of the SharePoint security group in the “User or group name”.  Finally, you can set the Permission setting to Read if that is the permissions level you want the security group to have on the item.

https://help.nintex.com/en-US/Office365/Designer/Actions/O365UpdateItemPermissions.htm

Userlevel 1
Badge +9

@bamaeric,

Thanks for your help but I may need to open a ticket with Nintex support… I followed your steps but continue to get the messages below…

I’m an Admin and have full access but I went ahead and added my admin account to owners security group just to see if that would change the outcome the next time around and it didn’t.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Also check the Connection setting in the action. Could be an issue with that.

I also found these posts on the Nintex Community site:

Problem with new connection manager | Community (nintex.com)

The destination site was unable to process request. credentials might not have access to the site. | Community (nintex.com)

Userlevel 6
Badge +22

Hi @jpacheco,

As @bamaeric has pointed out, The issue here is with the credentials being used in the connection. They do not appear to have enough access to the item.

Userlevel 1
Badge +9

@SimonMuntz 

Ok, still looking into this.. thanks for your input.